Contact Mother’s Circle for upcoming dates.
*Limited spaces – Baby Moon Education Retreat is only open to a maximum of 12 couples.
Join us for in Mystic, Connecticut for a ONE-OF-A-KIND experience – a weekend of exploring, connecting, learning and enjoying. It’s a getaway with purpose – nearby but far enough to feel “away” – while you connect with your loved one and continue your work to own your birth.
If you’re envisioning a no or low-intervention birth, if you know that birth is a state of wellness and you desire to birth your baby(ies) normally, if you trust the birth process and want to honor your experience and protect your memory of your birth, this retreat is for you!
We incorporate education on normal birth and it’s emotional and physical aspects. Between meals and outings, our time together will include discussions, group activities, demonstrations, videos, creative expressions, movement, time to experiment and continue to build your trust in birth.
Baby Moon Weekend Overview:
Friday evening – Opening session and introductions over cookies and milk, welcome begins at 6:30 pm, check in as early as 3:00 pm
Saturday morning – Breakfast, included, then diving in to childbirth education (not too early!)
Saturday lunch – We’ll have a light lunch together during workshop time, followed by free time to visit the Mystic Seaport (you’ll receive two free tickets with your registration), Mystic Aquarium, Olde Mistick Village, hike local trails at the Nature Center, get a massage, take a swim or check out Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods (about 1/2 hour from Mystic) – Your Choice!
Saturday evening – Dinner on your own to enjoy a romantic night out, order room service or dine in one of the many local restaurants
Sunday morning – Breakfast, included, morning education session (we’ll start at 9:00 so you can sleep in a bit or just enjoy a relaxing start to the day)
Sunday lunch -Lunch on your own and free time to visit local attractions
Sunday evening – Learning through dinner, we will glimpse into life with a newborn (eating while soothing a baby will be a skill you’ll soon master!)
Baby Moon Class Content Overview:
The training will support you in making evidence-based, truly informed choices for your birth and will include, in part:
- Emotional exploration of birth – birth is spiritual and emotional, not just physical
- Basic anatomy and stages of labor overview – childbirth education basics for a good foundation
- Comfort measures, positions and movement, breathing – tools for labor and birthing
- Creating a birth wishes document (aka birth plan) – knowing your options
- Interventions, cesarean birth, inductions, questions to ask your provider – you are empowered with knowledge
- Postpartum mood disorders – understanding signs, resources for support
- Adjustment to parenthood – physical recovery, emotional, role changes, care taking and attachment
- Immediate postpartum choices, expectations and baby’s appearance and instinctive stages at birth
- Infant soothing and breastfeeding basics, preparation for having a newborn (as much as you can be prepared!)
- Resource recommendations – guidance toward further research on your own
- Interactive, discussion-based workshop that allows couples to fully participate and help guide their learning.
What to Bring:
- Dress comfortably for active learning and trying out birth positions during sessions
- Attire appropriate for whatever you plan to do on your free time (fancy dinner, hiking, strolling Mystic’s streets)
- Birth ball and yoga mat if you have them
- An item of inspiration to you
- Bathing suit/workout clothes
- An open mind, positive spirit and willingness to have fun!
Baby Moon Education Retreat Cost:
$997 per couple includes:
- Hotel room rates for two nights (valued at over $200/night)
- Exploratory childbirth education course (valued at: $425)
- Four meals including: Lunch on Saturday, Dinner Sunday, Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, plus snack and refreshment breaks during class times
- Tickets for two for entry into Historic Mystic Seaport (value: $48)
- Welcome session with milk, cookies, coffee and tea on Friday night
- Journal workbook designed especially for the Baby Moon Education Retreat
- Gift bag with products, samples, newborn care DVD, discounts and surprises!
- Time together with your sweetheart – priceless!
*Any additional expenses added to your room are your responsibility.
To Register: Complete registration form and mail with payment or pay via Pay Pal ($30 service fee is added). Please email or mail registration form to Mother’s Circle.